Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow

I woke up this morning to a fresh sheet of snow outside my bedroom window. All this snow reminds me of all the great things that winter brings. My all time favorite winter activity is outdoor skating. I usually go over to Arden park. I could spend all day at Arden, and I have. My friends and I go down there at around eleven in the morning and stay until long after night fall. The entire time we will be playing long games of pick-up hockey against whoever shows up. The only break would be to get the numbness out of our limbs or eat pizza delivered directly to the warming house frome Papa Johns. Hopefully with the recent cold weather they will start flooding the rinks soon. Another fun winter activity is sledding. There is a huge sledding hill right by my house called Browndale. Browndale is one of the biggest hills in all of Edina. My friends and I go down there on a nice day with sleds and shovels. With the shovels we build huge jumps to go off of. Then we take our sleds to the top of the hill and hit those jumps at full speed. Most of the time we pack it and end up at the bottom of the hill with out our sleds. But sometimes we hit the jump just right and land on the hill and keep going, all the way across the rink at the bottom of the hill.

1 comment:

derrik dyka said...

Dude, check out www.pickuphockeyfinder.com we have 2 games in Edina, Mondays and Fridays.