Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Odyssey

After reading the Odyssey for quite some time now, I have come to a conclusion that I really don't like it very much. It is way to confusing. The way it is written takes some getting used to, to be able to understand it. And I haven't gotten used to it yet. It is hard to grasp what the story is about when I don't understand what the author is writing. Also, there is probably a million different characters in this book. It is basically impossible to try and remember who each person is and who their related to and what not. There is so many different Kings, Queens, Princes, Gods, Goddesses, etc. Everyone seems to be somehow realted to another person. Also, in my opinion, theres the simple fact that the stories aren't very interesting. I'm not really in to greek mythology. The stories are about Odysseus and others and all there travels, and they just do not interest me very much. It just does not hold my attention like the book Lone Survivor did. But, I do have to say i liked it more than Siddhartha. So, to give it some sort of compliment, it is the best book we have read this year in class.

No comments: