When reading Book 22 and watching the Odyssey video, my view of the Odyssey has changed over the week. I really enjoyed the reading today about the slaughter of the suitors. That might sound kind of weird but that is just the kind of book that I like reading, lots of killing and blood. It seemed like every sentance was jam packed with a death or an explanation of how a sword entered a suitors body. I'll be honest, I haven't really paid very much attention in the last couple of books. It took me awhile but I finally realized if you try really hard to listen and figure out what's going on, the book is actually some what interesting. Also, the Odyssey video has really helped a lot. I know all the facts/information is not correct, but it helps you visualize what each book is about and gives you a nice summary. And also the characters are pretty funny, like Telemachus. His hair is hilarious. And the face of Poseidon coming out from the wave was pretty good too.
Overall, the book was alright for me. The beginning was kind of boring but the ending really helped its case to be a good book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment