Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Road

So far in the book, The Road, by Cormac McCarthy it is very depressing. The mood throughout the enitre first reading was sadness. Everything was gray, even the lakes and the snow. The first reading was so boring I almost fell asleep. They walked on a road the whole time, only stopping occasionally to sleep and search through abandoned buildings. Although the first part was boring, I think the book will get much better. I am very interested to see what happened to the world and why the man and his son are some of the very few survivors. My guess is that there was some big asteroid that wiped out the population, kind of like what happened to the dinosaurs. That would explain all of the ash everywhere. I'm not sure if were supposed to do this today or on the next blog but the outside reading book Choose was The Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan. It is a book about D-day. I am Excited to read this book because I really want to know more about what happened on D-day. Also, I am a big fan of war books, I like hearing about the Heroes that fight for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben,

Hey! What's up? I am glad you are so excited about the D-day book. I can't wait to hear about it!

Mrs. B.