Wednesday, October 8, 2008

NHL and Fantasy Seasons Begin

The NHL season began last week in an overseas game between the Ottawa Senators and the Pittsburgh Penguins. I am so excited it has finally started. I have two fantasy teams with friends and I am looking to take home the Championship in both of them. Both of my teams are looking pretty good, espiacially the team that has two of the top goaltenders in the league, Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks and Jean Sebastion Giguere of the Anaheim Ducks. My top player on that team is Joe Thornton. I hope he will have the type of season he is projected to have. The crazy guys who sit and try to predict with calculations what each players scoring totals will be have said that Thornton will have 83 assist and 30 some goals. If he scores that much I am a shoe in for the championship. A team that is looking pretty good this year is, once again, the Detroit Red Wings. I will be suprised if they don't win it all again this year. They have all their players from their Stanley Cup team last year, and to make things worse for the rest of the league, they picked up one of the biggest danglers ever, Marion Hossa (who is also on my fantasy team).

No comments: